Saturday, April 02, 2005

Saturday 4-2: Forecast

waves (short term): NW buoy: 12 feet, 9sec; Waimea buoy 9 feet, 9sec, 15 degrees plus one reading of 4 feet, 11sec, 345 degrees. The windswell got pretty big (high surf advisory for the east facing shores) and there's not much else. Koki and Hamoa beach in Hana will be going off, messy and disorganized as usual. Also Pavillion and the upper reef at Kanaha will get some decent wrap around. Waiehu will be big too, but too windy.
waves (long term): No clean swells coming for a while on the north shore. Strong trade wind will keep the windsurfers alive. Surfers, go buy some new surf dvd or pray that that deep storm SE of New Zealand will line up right and send us a south swell a week from now. Stay tuned.
wind: Annoingly strong trades.
sky: We're still in the middle of a cloud band. So expect squalls to quickly travel thru the north shore pushed by the trades.
Kahului tides: Low 5.29am 0.3 feet, High 10.03am 0.8 feet, Low 2.26pm 0.4 feet, High 10.08pm 2.3 feet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bula cammar, I'm over in Fiji on vacation ('Bula' is hello in Fijian) I found an internet connection and decided to start research for my surf dvds site... just found your totally awesome blog and had to dive right in! Your post "Saturday 4-2: Forecast" is interesting, not really about surf dvds stuff but certainly worth my time. I'll be bookmarking you so I can spend more time here when I get home. Hopefully you don't mind if I come back (I could also tell my friends... they'd like this)

Okay cammar, have a nice day...

Bula (goodbye in Fijian :)

Anonymous said...

Hi cammar,
My excitement grows as I read more of what you have here...
I'm a little embarrassed to say it but when was out looking for surf video information I found your post: Saturday 4-2: Forecast and had to stop for a read. I sicerely appreciate you blog topic... I'm considering making a blog about surf video and I should probably stop by here more often to watch how you do this great job.. I always love looking through other poeples blogs and reading the posts (especially yours!) I don't know if you like other blogs or want to check out mine, but I think you've done a quality job.

It's great to be here on your blog, thanks.

Anonymous said...

cammar this is great!
It's funny how I was looking for this type of thing and found your post: Saturday 4-2: Forecast. It pulled me right out of my researching on surf video info and allowed me to sit down for a nice read. Thanks for your great job cammar. I think I'll hang out on your blog for a while and be done with surf video stuff for now. Have a good day cammar.

Anonymous said...

Hello cammar, I see you're blog is quite unique... I just hope it doesn't get destroyed with blog spam. I liked what you wrote here.. so I'm bookmarking you in my special place for quality blogs. My blog isn't as good as yours, but I do have a surf video site, which I should probably turn into a surf video blog. I certainly have some good ideas now that I examined you sweat blog here. This has been a nice treat cammar, good to know of a blog owner of high quality.

Thanks for the good read.