Thursday, August 23, 2007

8 18-19 07 Maui Speed Challenge

I finally found some time to edit the video of the speed challenge that took place last weekend.

The results are on their web page, speed session 8.
I think a special award for the best spirit should go to Ian and Kristin, who are learning how to windsurf (still uphauling, but ready for a water start lesson!) and did it on a beginner board: 18.4 and 12.8 respectively.

Sunday I was able to first enjoy a 2.5h wave sesh at Hoo and then move to Sprecks and log a second personal best: 29.3 (versus 29.6). Still under those damn 30 knots...
Looks like I won't be able to do it for a while, because:
1) I seriously damaged my Jimmy Lewis (not the wooden one you see in the video that was kindly lended by Erik)
2) there's a stretch of light wind days in front of us.
There's also a decent south swell arriving this Tuesday and that's good news.
Here's the video... enjoy it!


If you can't see it here, try here.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Nice job! With the ease of misspelling your name, by seasons end all your times will be posted (assuming you can cock-a-roach a ‘new’ board out of the trash quick enough)!

BTW -It’s easy to tell you’re going fast as your hair is slicked back and not in it’s normal ‘wave comb-over’ look!

12.8…….the gauntlet is thrown, I have to try!

Anonymous said...

classic Tom, classic...