Monday, June 22, 2009

oahu day 18 - it's all about sailing these days

The wind is blowing, the swell is down, the only option is windsurfing. Not that I'm complaining... it's so much fun over here!

With a 9 feet windswell, I'm pretty sure that Hookipa had some waves too, but with gusts over 30 knots, as reported by the "wind yesterday" graph on iWindsurf.com (not sure if you need membership to see that), I'm quite happy to be here and sail these super clean waves with offshore wind instead:


Yesterday Tristan Boxford showed up quite unprepared to go sail (...it wasn't in his plans). He had to borrow one of my extension and mast foot and he had no shorts to wear...


Here's when he hits the water in jeans... if you pump up the volume you may be able to hear a bit of the dialog...
He still ripped, no matter what.


The videographer I'm about to tow out is Bruno, a french windsurfer that injured his ankle on the mountain bike and now is dedicating himself to shooting his friends from the water. Hopefully he will send me some of the clips...

Wave count up to date.
windsurfing: 213
surfing: 178
total: 391
average per day: 21.7

2 comments:

Acewave said...

Great video - the water looks so smooth!

I see you have one of those new Naish booms. I tried to track them down through dealers on the mainland but couldn't get hold of them anywhere. Any idea where to order them from online, or is it best just to email Naish in Maui direct?

cammar said...

Andrew, the water was smooth (thanks to the offshore wind), but as you probably well know, the GoPro always makes it look smoother. The colors are quite geniune though. That means that the color of the water where you live must really be something...
Thanks for that link, btw.

I got my boom at High Tech. I'm sure they can ship you one... if it's not on the website, give them a call and ask for John or Steve.