Thursday, July 09, 2009

oahu day 27

Not the best day, but still better than working...

I sailed Da Spot in the morning. It was good for 20 minutes, then it got so light that it became a bit frustrating to see perfect clean waves go by without being able to catch them.
"I should come back surfing", I thought.

So I did around 5pm. The wind had just temporarily dropped, but, of course, as soon as I paddled out it picked out again. It was still allright, but wavesailing would have been better. Oh well.

Here's a pic from Diamond Head were I stopped by to eat my lunch.


I don't know the details, but it seems that the Paia restaurant Jacques is having a tough time with respecting a tax dateline on July 15th and there's a community call for support. If you like the place and would like it to stay in business, just go there, spend some money and have some fun.

Hot Sails Maui team rider Leon Jamaer is in Gran Canaria training for the Pozo contest and started a blog. Sure this kid rips hard.

And Ray and friends are getting some wind too.

waves today: 25
windsurfing: 340
surfing: 261
total: 601
average per day (25 days in the water): 24

1 comment:

jeff E of the Great White North said...

not jacques now!! oh shit, we go their every time we are in maui.
Hope they make it, things are in the piss economy wise these days.
The northshore Vacation rental stuff really hit at a bad time, right before the real crash.