Tuesday, September 15, 2009

my best day of the year

At a conference about sexual habits a speaker gets on the podium and shows the results of his studies about how often men have sex nowadays. Then he addresses the audience:

"Well, let's see if we have the same results in the audience.
Can everyone who has sex every day please raise your hand?"
A few people raise their hands.
"Now everyone who has sex 2-3 times a week, please raise your hand"
More people raise their hands.
"Now everyone who has sex once a week"
More than half of the audience raise their hands.
"Now everyone who has sex 2-3 times a month"
Less, but still quite some people raise their hands.
"Now everyone who has sex once a month"
Less people raise their hands.
"Now everyone who has sex 2-3 times a year"
Only a couple of people raise their hands.
"Well, this should be it. Just to make sure: anyone who has sex only once a year?"
A guy on the back jumps on his seat and all happy starts yelling "it's me, it's me!"
Puzzled, the speaker addresses him directly:"well, let me ask you then: why are you so happy if you have sex only once a year?"
"It's tomorrow!!!"

......................................................................

No matter how many epic sessions I have during a year, there's one particular day that I know for sure will be my best one of the year. It's the last day of my Italy stay when I get on the plane in Rome to go back to the wonderful island where I belong.
And it's tomorrow.


Photo courtesy of Francky

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...I already knew this joke but the combination with your leaving is very sharp! I know what you mean..I have a similar sensation when I leave Italy for Maui almost every year from 2000...for me 12 October will be the best day of the year!
Have fun in magic Maui!

Aloha

Sharon said...

Nice bit of journalistic prose.

Wind obsessor said...

Ahh yes island life - I know it all too well - once it gets under your skin you can't be anywhere else.