Tuesday, October 07, 2014

10 7 14

I can't even remember why I called this blog Mauisurfreport, but after 10 years I might actually start doing just that on it.

The plan is to do a quick post (like this) from home and then shortly after another one with a photo of the actual conditions at Hookipa.

I'll do a test week, I appreciate feedbacks.
 
 



Above is what I call the wind map of this morning. You can notice a big straight NNW fetch on the upper left corner. Better directed for the Marshall Islands, it will still send up a big swell Friday/Saturday.
But what I really like is the southerly flow over the island that will provide offshore very clean conditions for the north shore surfers.
That is about to change and the next few days look really good for windsurfing and kitesurfing on waves.

4am buoy readings:
maui north shore:
2.8ft @ 13s from 347° (NNW)
2.6ft @ 9s from 30° (NNE)
2.3ft @ 11s from 333° (NNW)

Lanai:
1.6ft @ 10s from 261° (W)           
1.7ft @ 14s from 200° (SSW)
1.1ft @ 8s from 195° (SSW)

Aloha.

No comments: