Saturday, April 25, 2015

4 25 15 morning call

Still fun surfing on the south shore yesterday. This swell did not impress me as much as the previous one (when was it, couple of weeks ago?), but it's lasting long time.

Here's my massage therapist Priya on a nice little right that we surfed together. I surf with friends only when I meet them by chance at the beach. I'm so peculiar with my preferences and I don't like to compromise them for company (which means more people in the water anyway). I'd rather surf with 2 unknown people than with 3 friends. I'm that bad. I'm the worse surfing buddy you can imagine.
We had fun in this occasion.

Wind map shows a nice fetch NNW of us. The Monday/Tuesday swell should be nice.



I believe today there is the Butterfly Effect and they're launching at 9am from Baldwin Beach. Below is the MC2km wind map at that time and it shows it should be glassy and flat like a lake.
 

 Different story at 1pm, so if you sit on your board for 3-4 hours, you actually have a chance to do a downwinder.
 

 


Buoys
NW
6.7ft @ 10s from 79° (ENE)
2.3ft @ 5s from 211° (SW)

Pauwela
5.7ft @ 9s from 83° (E)           
2.1ft @ 4s from 83° (E)

Lanai
3ft @ 8s from 166° (SSE)
2.3ft @ 12s from 178° (S)
1.3ft @ 16s from 194° (SSW)
0.8ft @ 3s from 190° (S
 

 
Pure windswell (going down) on the north shore which tomorrow should be completely flat.
 

 
Still a bit of energy on the south shore instead. Which is where I would be today if I didn't have to catch a plane to go to Bali, where I'm gonna spend 18 days. Just a "short" trip. Wait until the next one...
Depending on the internet speed, I'll try to still do the morning call. The report instead, will definitely be a Bali one.
I'm taking with me 8 sets of fins. Eight! Who the hell do I think I am? Parko or something?



One more thing: this beautiful 8.0 Haut by Surftech is for sale at Hi-Tech Paia for $250 with fins. Board is SUPER light and overall in good conditions. Total steal for a Haut.

No comments: