Tuesday, September 08, 2015

9 8 morning call

Once again, another grand day of surfing in Maui yesterday. Another one of those in which there were waves pretty much everywhere and that is been the norm lately. Enjoy till it lasts, because I see some flat days ahead. At least on the north shore.

Let's start the call with a duck dive shot.



This is a beautiful empty barrel.

And this is my friend Chico who did amazingly well for his first time at this spot.

I surfed three times on the south shore, then stopped at Hookipa for the sunset.
I believe this is blog reader and big wave charger Yuri Soledade training hard to recover from his knee injury.

Solitary bottom turn at Lanes. Aiming for the lip.

Ligth northerly wind today.

The most relevant fetch is the small, but very close, NNE one from Jimena. The one down south is not aimed towards central America. Still good for Trestles in a week.
 

Buoys
NW
4.8ft @ 15s from 124° (ESE)
3.4ft @ 10s from 80° (E)
3.1ft @ 12s from 85° (E)

N
7.1ft @ 10s from 47° (NE)
3.6ft @ 14s from 148° (SE)

Pauwela
4.1ft @ 12s from 48° (NE)
3.8ft @ 9s from 33° (NE)

Barbers
3.6ft @ 14s from 172° (S)
1.5ft @ 9s from 201° (SSW)

Everything on the way down, but still plenty energy in the water. I think I'm going south again.
I'll leave you with a fun wave on my trusty softie.

No comments: