Monday, September 25, 2017

Monday 9 15 17 morning call

Yesterday was a 10 for me and that was all thanks to the foil.
Well, first I had some business to take care of.


After that, I went SUP foiling. Like my student above, I'm at such a beginner stage that if I manage to catch a wave and ride it on the foil without falling, I'm stoked! And I did that many times yesterday.
Below are some shots of the other fellow foilers.




After that, I figured that the wind was probably too light on the north shore and I had the intuition of going to check the wind in north Kihei. I rigged a 2.8 (underpowered at times) and had an absolute blast. I had one reach from outside Maalaea to the beach in Ohukai, all the way on the magic carpet. I didn't time it, but I think it was like 5 minutes.

At sunset I went to sip a very deserved beer at Hookipa and I admired Cody Kerbox's skills. He was catching small waves and pumping his wait out again still on the foil.


It looked like he had so much fun that I had to ask him how was it.


4am significant buoy readings
South shore

SE
1.3ft @ 14s from 188° (S)
That's the only reading I could find at the buoys, but we know from the fetches (check yesterday's collage) that there should be waves also today. I have another early morning business appointment and I'll try to post a beach update.

North Shore
NW001
2.7ft @ 10s from 6° (N)

Waimea
2.9ft @ 10s from 337° (NNW)

Pauwela
2.3ft @ 10s from 349° (NNW)

Still waves at Hookipa, probably waist to shoulder high. 

Wind map at noon shows pretty much no wind.


North Pacific has a small NW fetch.


South Pacific got absolutely nothing.


Morning sky calls for another stunning sunny day.

No comments: